“Come hear the tale of which we speak, of Perseus, the noble Greek!”
What a fantastic start to the first half of term we have had in Year 5; our performance of this well known Greek myth of Perseus and the Gorgon’s Head is just one of the exciting activities we have been up to: from writing Greek holiday brochures, to cooking Greek food; from singing rap and R&B songs about the story of The Trojan War to solving Greek mathematical shopping problems; what an action –packed few weeks it has been!
We were really pleased to see so many of the parents pop in on Friday to see the children perform their poem-but don’t worry if you didn’t make it; watch the following videos of our performances, which show our practise & then one of our performances to Year 2. We loved using the video recordings to help us evaluate & improve our performances!
Keep watching this space for more details of our work in school. We will be updating it more frequently after half term as the children start to add their own blogs and we hope that you will take time to read & comment too!
- A Sneak Peak at our artwork for the Titchfield Artshow
- Titanic Drama Day Definitely Didn’t give us a Sinking Feeling!
- Nepal needs you! The stocks team has raised an impressive £45 in votes ahead of the imminent teacher soaking this afternoon! An impressive start to the day,and you should see the huge number of cakes for the cake sale. Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far :-D
- We have started learning the names of different rooms of the house in French this week.
- The finished products! Don’t they look fantastic?